Sunday, May 31, 2009

Owensboro, May 31st

Sunday, several of us rode to Owensboro to eat at Cheddar's for lunch after church.
We met at Bob Trover's in Brentwood and rode out Brown Road and cut over to Rumsey.
Rode through Calhoun to Mosleyville and took the shortcut over to Hwy 431.
After eating at Cheddar's, we came out to the parking lot and I had a very shiny object sticking in my rear tire....
So, Knowing better, I did NOT pull it out.
I rode home, clinching the seat.
We came home via Hwy 431 to Livermore. Connected on a side road to Island, over to Buttonsberry and then to Sacramento. Took Hwy 85 to Madisonville.

I took the bike to the Bike shop (Bluegrass cycles) and had Frank look at it.
He called me to tell me it was only a pencil lead size broken screw in the meat of the tread... VERY VERY HAPPY for that.
Frank is a great guy and as good a Mechanic as you can find.
I've know him since the late 70's.
Anyway, Just goes to show how honest he is.. I was prepared to buy a new tire if it couldn't be plugged and still be safe...

No comments: